In this exam, our automated examiner SARA will ask you to perform your 4 chosen pieces. Includes a free mock exam.
Exam accredited & recognised internationally: Yes
Qualification Number: 603/4578/0
Level: Level 2 Certificate
Total Credits: 15 EQF Credits: 3
RQF Credits: 2
Exam duration: 24 minutes
Time to complete exam from purchase: 3 months
About the exam:
This exam is a performance exam concentrating on Pieces only. Students will get feedback on their performance with helpful suggestions from a professional singer and performer and verified examiner. Includes a free mock exam.
What do I need to perform: (For marking parameters, refer to the syllabus in the link above)
4 songs with a short introduction to each. 2.5 minutes – 4.5 minutes each song, with a backing track or live accompaniment.
Time Signatures accepted: All time signatures
Range and Register: Up to an 11th (minimum 1 octave) frequent changes between low and high registers with fast changes more common.
Melodic Composition: Variety of intervals used throughout with occasional octave leaps and chromaticism.
Rhythmic Values: A variety of all rhythms used with syncopation present throughout.
Dynamics: All dynamics Phrasing/Articulation
Ornamentation: Increasing variation and complexity of phrases and decoration of words with grace notes and articulation.
Song ideas that you can use:
- Symphony (feat. Zara Larsson) – Clean Bandit
- Skinny Love – Birdy
- New Rules – Dua Lipa
- Rolling In The Deep – Adele
- Into You – Ariana Grande
- Big Yellow Taxi – Joni Mitchell
- Let It Go – Idina Menzel
- Blue Lights – Jorja Smith
- Love Me Like You Do – Ellie Goulding
- You Know That I’m No Good – Amy Winehouse
- High Hopes – Panic! At The Disco
- Human – Rag n’ Bone Man
- Little Lion Man – Mumford & Songs
- Say You Won’t Let Go – James Arthur
- Cold Little Heart – Michael Kiwanuka
- I Wish – Stevie Wonder
- Blurred Lines – Robin Thicke
- Attention – Charlie Puth
- River – Leon Bridges
- Want To Want Me – Jason Derulo
Materials used: No materials – you will be expected to perform all songs from memory.
Endorsee: Nik West
Comparative non online exams:
- Trinity Rock & Pop – Music Certificates, vocals grade 4
- RSL – Performance Certificates, vocals grade 4
- LCM – Leisure Play, popular music vocals grade 4
Minimum system requirements:
- A laptop or PC with screen (not available for mobile or tablets)
- Browser: A current version of Chrome/Safari/Firefox/Edge
- Internet: Stable wi-fi or Ethernet for best results. Download speed 5 Mbps – Upload speed 2 Mbps
- Camera: Built in camera or external HD camera with microphone
- Sound: Any speaker system that you can hear comfortably (not available for headphones)